Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Our Homeschool Philosophy

We started off as unschoolers and then over time through a variety of different experiences and circumstances we landed in Classical Education. I like aspects of unit studies, Charlotte Mason, and some other methods of education as well so the best way to describe what we do is Eclectic. Next year will be our 5th year of homeschooling and the first year I'll have two kids in full day schooling: Grade 4 and Grade 1.

My current goal is for my kids to have a well rounded and accelerated education. This means a strong foundation in the arts and in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).

I believe the best way to ignite a child's love for learning is to model the passion for learning in yourself. When they see what's possible, they start dreaming bigger dreams too.

No comments: